BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

2/19/17

Black Sheep

We have spent this week sick. My baby cought a cold for the first time and I also got it. It is a miracle how easily babies could deal with cold, my daughter was happy and playful even though she was weaker than normally.
This week I have finished another crochet toy for my baby. I was searching for crochet dolls on Pinterest when these sheeps showed off. They were so cute and I've had a ball of pompom yarn in my stash from years. 
The pattern is from Amigurumi Today. The pattern calls for a special microfibre yarn for the head and body, so I had to rethink it with my stashed yarn to be babysafe and keep the stuffing inside. I made these parts with a DK black yarn and than I crocheted around with the pompom yarn. My implementation turned out taller and slimmer than the exemplars on the blog, because I increased more and englenghtened the decreasing section.
I started to really enjoy crochet again, it gives me the reward of actually finishing something in hours. I am also able to find time for crochet more easily, since evenings were too long lately with the sick baby.  
Now my daughter is starting to have a nice collection of handmade crochet and knitted toys which I would like to improve with more animals. The next might be a chicken or a hen, we have Ester in a few weeks.
Palma's soft friends: - Guess who is the favourite one?

1 comment:

  1. What a funny looking sheep! Well done! Nice collection has Palma now. I think the biggest one is het most favorite, the one who moves on it's own without batteries or other technical support XD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top