BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

10/4/16

Simple Baby Hat {from an old shirt}

So, Fall is here, whether I like it or not. The speed of time makes me a little bit sad about that my baby will be a big girl one day. I know, I know, it is still far away, but you know motherhood made me so sentimental. On the other hand, I truly enjoy watching my baby girl's developement and I also enjoy clothing her. However, it is also a bit frustrating how to properly dress her - you know, not overdress or underdress. So I stocked in with autumn baby essentials, like longsleeved babysuits and warmer leggings and of course with hats. A hat is a must have for a baby in every time and it is easy and quick to sew, crochet or knit one.
This time I grabbed my sewing machine and made two lightweighted caps for the early Fall days. I used up two tops, I didn't want to throw away. The beige tank top was laying down in my closet from years, I wore it maybe twice, the birdie sleevless shirt was never worn, it just wasn't my size. Both  were made of really soft jersey fabric, ideal for baby head.
I am in love with those fast motion videos all over the internet and I wanted to make my one. So I recorded the process how I made the beanie. Enjoy the video!

I made the brim enogh wide, so the beanie can be worn fold up or fold down. /Fold up is more practical, because a slouchy hat might slip over her eyes just in one minute.
If you would like to sew a beanie, you can find several patterns on the internet, but it is easy to make your own or just use a hat as the template.
And here is my little Palma modelling her new hats on Instagram! I can't decide which one I adore more:

Hanni (@hannicraft) posted,


Hanni (@hannicraft) posted,


I hope you liked my first video! The filming was fun and easier than I expected, so maybe this wasn't the last one.


Wishing you happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Hanni!
    The hat fits your doughter fantastic. It's a beautiful little girl, enjoy as much as you can before she'll be grown up; it's true that time is slipping thrue your fingers when you have children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top