BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

10/21/16

Idun for my baby

I am so obsessed with stranded colorwork. It all started with my Idunn cardigan which is the most favourited among my projects on Ravelry. Well, I think so that cardi is just perfect. A few days ago I just came across a baby dress with [almost] the same name while I was searching for the right dress pattern for my daughter.
This is a cute simple dress with yoke. I casted on for the smallest size and will resize it if it is too big for her, but at this point I think it will fit well.
The purple yarn is Drops Baby Merino, the other is some leftover hand dyed yarn I bought from a Hungarian spinner. Both are DK or DK-ish - it is not easy to define the handspun yarn and the two types together creates a very interesting texture, Just love it! 
The pattern itself is clear and well-written, although it is not for beginners. (I almost missed out the short rows. I prefer when the designer clearly state the design element when it comes, because I not always keep in mind all the introductions..) Anyway, it is a great pattern!

I am almost finished with the chevron blanket, just weave the ends and block it. Meanwhile I can't wait to see it in use, but I just hate those finishing touches. Is there anyone else who feels the same?

Joining to Ginny's party:

5 comments:

  1. I love the baby dress you are making. Lovely bright colours. And the chevron blanket is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby dress you are making. Lovely bright colours. And the chevron blanket is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, so cute!! I love these colors together. And your blanket - wow! It will be just gorgeous when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that little pop of color is delightful!!! Gorgeous colors you chose. Love the chevron blanket and the pinks and roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress so far and love the colors together! The blanket looks great too. I agree that those small finishing touches are sometimes irritating because we just want to finish it! :)
    take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top