BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

11/14/15

The Pretty Weaves Headband [free pattern]


We have a really mild late fall weather here, so in this season I haven't wore my hats yet. An earwarmer is just enough to cover.  
This time I share one of my earliest knitting pattern with you: the headband I wear on my profile picture. The Pretty Weaves Headband was formerly available on Ravelry but due to VAT changes in the EU I hid it. 
The construction is quite simple: the pattern uses just knits and purls and basic increasing and decreasing stitches (ssk, k2tog, YO). It fastens with a button. Approx. 70 yards of worsted weight yarn is enough to complete one, or use two colors to get an interesting piece.







There are instructions for a small and medium/large adult head. I also illustrated the most demanding stitches to get the perfect weave-shape.


Visit the Ravelry page of the pattern to see what others created and if you like this freebie, please favourite it in favour. 

Wishing you happy knitting and a beautiful weekend!

This post might be shared on:

Annemarie's Haakblog ♥ Hooking on Hump Day @ Petals to Picots and Moogly

2 comments:

  1. I love me a freebie! This is such a cute hairband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely headband!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top