BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

3/18/15

My Conifer

I finished my Conifer cardigan a couple weeks ago and today I finally found some time to take a few photos. I am so excited about showing my work!

I just LOVE this cardigan. It worths to wait a little bit longer for Spring as long as I can wear this piece. By the way the cuffs serve me well in chilly morinings and the lightweight alpaca fits nicely to my slinky jackets.
I started this project in the last days of November. Firstly, I completed the arms and than went to the body. I followed the description for my normal size, but I found it too big, so unravelled. I restarted with the smallest size, because I wanted a fitted sweater- and so why I added a little waist shaping. 
I might be not fully satisfied with the buttonband, sewing a piece of ribbon underneath is still needed. 
I am absolutely sure about that picking the normal side was the right choice, The original pattern called for a reverse stockinette cardigan, but I couldn't resist the chevron. Other main modification was that instead of knitting and purling, I knitted the whole body in the round and at the end cut the steeks. The cuffs were also knitted in the round. I don't like sewing my knits.
Since the pattern was published in The Knitter magazine, the instructions weren't as detailed as a single-purchased pattern, so I don't recommend for beginner stranded knitters.
If you are curious about more photos and other details visit my Ravelry project page.

Sharing the post on:


5 comments:

  1. I agree, the right side is best. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Gorgeous colours too! Congrats!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Hanni, what a beautiful cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely, well done1 :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I love it! I especially love the longer sleeve length that you have chosen - that is how I like my cardigans!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top