BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

2/11/15

At turning point

I am going with my new cardigan pretty well. I just reached a real turning point: I am done with the body and now need to cut it. This is the hardest part of colorwork, although I know it won't unravel, my hands are shaking.
In my latest post I asked your advice which side should I use. The original pattern shows a cool reverse stockinette cardigan, but I really love the nice chevron pattern on the 'right' side. So I decided I am going to use that side and maybe next time I'll create something with the reverse.

I also have some bad news. The stripe cardigan I made for months need to be unravelled, since it has turned out too small. All those working hours with 3.00 mm and 2.50 mm... what a huge waist.

I am not going to reknit it, I'll use up the yarn for an other project. Do you have any idea what to knit with Drops Fabel and Drops Delight? I am seeking for a longtime project, preferably a cardigan or a sweater. I have 6 skeins of Fabel and 4 skeins of Delight. It doesn't matter if it requires more yarn, since these colors are usually in stock in my favourite webshops.

Sharing my work:

7 comments:

  1. Lovely looking cardigan. I haven't made one yet, partly because I don't think I'll be brave enough to cut it haha! The stripe cardigan is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP striped cardigan. it's always a shame when that happens D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pity for the stripy cardigan….so sorry for you Hanni….
    …. congrats for the other one, instead!!!!
    Have fun cutting, yeah!!!!
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't dare to cut, I think you're very brave, good luck!
    What a shame you have to unravel the striped cardigan :-) But when it will not be worned, it will be much more a shame. I'm sure you'll make something beautiful with the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great !
    Greetings from Poland :)
    Katarzyna


    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad you have to re knit it :( it looks like you put a lot of work into it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer the right side in knits. So sorry about your striped cardigan!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top