BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

8/13/14

WIPs in long break

During the last three months I have had a little break in blogging. I didn't intend to take one, but there was nothing to write about. In fact  several things happened to me: I am working in a new position which I am not sure about I do like it, we are about to buy a new home, living a very social life, so busy days. Since March I didn't complete any projects, but I am working on some in my short creative time.

I've started this cardigan in March and shared a few pictures in my last WIP post. I am 90% ready with it. It is going to be a long cardi fully covering my back and hips. On the front it will open with a rope or with big buttons - still not sure about. I am at the finish line working on the shawl collar which will be long and wide, so a couple of working hours has still remained. 
I am not following any particular pattern. At the beginning I adopted SusieM's contiguous method which is a brilliant idea to start a sweater. Otherwise I improvise fitting and length using my swatch. I haven't even drafted the process. Yay, I do also like living dangerously!


The cardigan is leaving on the bedside from a while because in these hot summer days I mostly work on my silkpaca shawl. So let me show you a new piece in my designing queue. I don't mean to cover it yet but here are a few sneak peaks: crescent, top-down, slip stitches, 3-colors. Are you curious?

How do you like the third color? I guess the lime skein will pop-up the classical navy look.

I would like to get back to the WIP wagon looking what you are working on and sharing my knitting progress regularly.

Sharing this post on:

and


6 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely WIPs! And what a pretty shawl. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects, sometimes a break from blogging is necessary but it's always nice to pick it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater looks sooo cozy. And I love the color. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love sweater! I am glad to see you back - I went on here last week to see if I had missed something and then remembered your new position. I hope it improves x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great !
    Greetings from Poland :)
    Katarzyna


    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful. I lobe the sweater also. I just found your blog and I love I'm no wine of your newest followers. Go visit me if you have a second :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top