BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

3/1/14

Ravellenics 2014

I am not a competetive type of girl, but I love games, where you don't have to win over anybody just challenge yourself. This year I joined to Ravelry Winter Games. The deadline was short, we had two weeks to complete our projects. I am a slow knitter, a really slow knitter...  
I participated in WIP Dancing, which was about finishing something, that had been already started before the games. I'd started this sweater two weeks before Ravellenics, but couldn't reach a great progress, because went really slow. I started with raglan sleeves, than I just couldn't find out how to join the lace panel so I restarted with set-in sleeves construction. After knitting the first half of the body, I had realized that it had turned out too big for me, so unravelled again. After I restarted for the third time, it went out without difficulties until the sleeves, those short rows with wrap-and-turns were really slow plus I needed to unravel one of the sleeves, because it was too puffy. Although I couldn't complete in time, since I finished 2,5 hours after the deadline, it worthed every single seconds I pushed into it.
About the construction:
The pullover was made completely seemless. Worked from the top down, flatters to my figure and features a longer back with a rounded hem. For the front panel I chosed a very simple lace pattern which was enough easy to memorize.
Pattern: my design
Materials: 6 skeins of Drops Baby Alpaca Silk
Needles: 3.00 and 2.50 mm
Appox. hours: 50 hours

See lot of photos on my Ravelry project page


Sharing it:
♥  Link your stuff  @ Annemarie's Crochet Blog ♥ 

9 comments:

  1. What a realy beautiful sweater! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sweater! It looks so professional too. Well worth the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a gorgeous pullover ♥ Congratulations, Hanni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my compliments Hanni!!!!!!!
    xxxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm impressed! I love the front detail and the fit looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater came out great and good for you for sticking to it. But I love that cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning - beautiful! I wish I had the patience for something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh! beautiful, well done. enjoy wearing your pretty sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeously made sweater, congrats. :]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top