BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

12/28/13

December knitting

Just in time before Christmas I've completed my first pair of stranded mittens. It was second time making colorwork, first time knitting mittens, so I chosed a free pattern from Ravelry. These Selbu mittens are featuring a traditional norwegian pattern using two colors.
1

It is actually just a chart, not a complex pattern, but I didn't need detailed instructions, technically wasn't a challanging pattern: just a few decreasing-increasing here and there.
3

Yesterday I started to work on a new hat for my husband. I am using Malabrigo Rios in coco colorway.

4
This is how it looks now:
6
This Christmas passed almost without handmade presents. I wanted to gift my sister-in-law with a knitted shawl or cowl. I was searching for the right pattern on Ravelry for hours, but than I wrote my own. Here is a sneak peak of my fresh design:

Lot of ssk's and k2tog's, M1L's and M1R's and other decreasing-increasing things. The final pattern (and a new sample) is under construction.

Hope you all had a wonderful december and wishing you happy winter knitting!

Sharing in:

5 comments:

  1. Love the mittens!! I always love everything that you knit though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mittens! Very well done!
    I wish you and your loved ones a wonderfull New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful mittens, both the colours and pattern are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top