BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

11/9/13

Knit a Big Bow


I've knitted this bow a few weeks ago, I was just playing with a small amount of leftover yarn. I think it would be fun to attach to a headband or to a simple beanie. Since I can't wear funky accessories in my office, it would be a great gift for a teen girl in my family. 





It is really easy to make, if you have a free half hour, just give it a try :)

Skill level: easy (just knit stitch and basic decreasing-increasing technics) 

Materials
For the sample I used up approx. 60 yds Adriafil New Zealand worsted weight yarn 
and U.S. 7 (4.5 mm) knitting needles 

Abbreviations
st - stitch
K - knit
M1Kw - make one stitch knitwise
M1Pw - make one stitch purlwise
K2Tog - knit 2 stitches together
SSK - slip slip knit


Instructions:

Cast on 8 sts.

Row 1, 3, 5, 7, 9-11, 13, 15            Knit            
Row 2 K1, M1Kw, K6, M1Pw, K1 [10]
Row 4 K1, M1Kw, K8, M1Pw, K1 [12]
Row 6 K1, M1Kw, K10, M1Pw, K1 [14]
Row 8 K1, M1Kw, K12, M1Pw, K1 [16]

Row 9-11

Knit


Row 12

K1, SSK, K10, K2Tog, K1

[12]
Row 14 K1, SSK, K8, K2Tog, K1 [10]
Row 16 K1, SSK, K6, K2Tog, K1 [8]

Knit 4" (10 cm) long body.
Tip: if you knit the body longer, just wrap around your head, double knot and voilá you're having a headband!

Repeat Row 1-16.
Bind off and tie the bow.


Enjoy!

I might be sharing this post here:


Mop It Up Mondays @ I Should Mop the Floor  More the Merrier Monday @ DIY Home Sweet Home  Craft-O-Maniac Monday @ Craft-O-Maniac  Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative  Make Something Mondays @ Sarahndipities ♥ Topsy Turvy Tuesdays @ I am Topsy Turvy ♥ Share it Linky Party @ The Winthrop Chronicles  Hooking on Hump Day @ My Merry Messy Life ♥ Off The Hook @ Daisy Cottage Designs   Wow Us Wendesdays @ Savvy Southern Style  Somewhat Simple @ Somewhat Simply ♥ Friday Flair Linky Party @ Whipperberry  I love Fridays Linky Party @ Petals to Picots  ♥  Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest ♥ The Crochet Boulevard @ The Crochet Boulevard ♥  Link your stuff  @ Annemarie's Crochet Blog ♥  Nifty Thrifty Sundays @ Nifty Thrifty ♥ Think Pink Sundays @ Flamingo Toes ♥  Craft Schooling Sunday @Creative Jewish Mum  ♥ DIY Project Parade @ DIY Showoff  ♥ Colorful @ The Crochet Boulevard

8 comments:

  1. This is super cute! It would look really good on an ear warmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!!!!
    thank you Hanni, xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute bow, Hanni. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Will definitely have a go if I get the time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! My daughter would love something like this. Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really cute bow idea and really simple to make!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top