BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

10/23/13

WIP Yoke Sweater

Last week I introduced you my lacy cowl in progress, but meanwhile I had started another project which became my main activity: I am knitting an icelandic cardigan!
It will be my first time steeking, my hands are shaking when I just think about that one day I'll have to C-U-T my own knitting! C-U-T my own handknit, C-U-T something I made in approx. 30 working hours, C-U-T something for I ordered the yarn from Iceland. But I am trying not to think about that part and focusing on the knit.
After I'd got ready with the yoke, it is pretty mindless: just knitting around and around. Since my tension is quite loose the Small size seemed to big for me, so I am skipping the increasing and decreased to get a more figure-flattering cardigan. (I am afraid an over-sized cardi from this thick yarn would show me heavy.)
Following the instructions I knitted a few short rows on the back. I am afraid this wasn't necessary, those loose parts are looking a bit weird. I hope the back will smooth during blocking.
I wasn't sure about that I had enough grape yarn, so I made a little twist on the yoke too, because I wanted to spare. That's also the reason why I went to the sleeves before finishing the body. 

It is quite an enjoyable pattern and good yarn. I am feeling Lopi a bit rough, but Ragga (designer of the pattern I am using) has a great advice how to soften. 


Linking to the following parties:

and



18 comments:

  1. That sweater is absolutely gorgeous! I am getting hives thinking about your having to cut it. I'm sure there are great tutorials out there. It will work out just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Have you seen the yoked sweaters on the front page of Ravelry right now? I've linked to a few of them this week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with the combination of colors you choose - yellow and purple are my colors for this autumn! lovely sweater - good luck with the amount of yarn, I hope you'll have enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! That is just fabulous. I am thinking of having one made for me next time we are in Iceland. I know I should try my hand at making one but to have one custom made would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this design and the colors you chose! It's going to be fabulous when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, stunning!!!! I love the colours together. I've heard a lot about steeking, recently, I really don't know whether I'd be brave enough to do it. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. It reminds me of a honeycomb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful! Mabye a 'small' tot of whisky will help before cutting!! Why are you going to cut it anyways? have I missed something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steeking is a great way to knit a cardigan fast, because there is no purl side. Yay!
      A little vine will serve great when the time comes ;)

      Delete
  9. The sweater looks so lovely, Hanni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so so cute! Will be interested to see what it looks like when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sweater looks very beautiful !! Wonderful design:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh how gorgeous, i have long wanted to make an icelandic sweater, i feel so inspired! good luck with the steeking, you'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it looks beautiful right now!!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cut it?!?! Oh my! Its looking pretty fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! The colors and the pattern. I'd like to try some color work someday soon but I'm not sure I could bring myself to cut it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh! This sweater is fabulous and I love the colors... I have to say my knitting isn't there yet as I'm still learning. I've never worked in color shifts like this is done in but can't wait until I learn... you inpire me my dear friend!
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! It's beautiful! I got inspired by Ragga's class too and knit my own Icelandic sweater several weeks ago. It's so much fun that these Icelandic sweaters have made a come-back recently!
    http://aknitterslife.blogspot.com/2013/09/inspired.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top