BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

8/3/13

Just in time before vacation

On Tuesday we are heading to Naples. I am very excited about our travel. In the previous days we planned our vacation carefully, we will have nine days to discover the city and the area. I always wanted to visit Pompei, I can't believe, that next week I will be there :)
When I started to make my travel checklist I realized, that I need a light-weighted bolero or a shrug. Usually I am dressed in modest clothes, but there will be over 35 Celsius and I will wear tank tops and halter neck dresses. So  if I want to enter into churches, I'll need something to cover my shoulders. I started to knit a small bolero for the voyage. I hope that I can complete it tonight.

This is a top down knit, will be completely seamless. The pattern is improvised, but this time I wrote a sample before started to knit and make notes while working on it.
Before I went to the body, I had completed the sleeves, because I don't want to run out of yarn.



I chosed a generous skein of bamboo yarn I have already tried. See how light this bolero is:


My shawl is still in progress, I ll keep working on it during our vacation.


Wishing you happy knitting!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely bolero are you making, very beautiful!

    Have a nice vacation, enjoy all the historical buildings and Italian food :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your vacation! I hope you finish your bolero :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....so you'll be in "my" beloved Italia!!!!!
    Have fun and enjoy your trip!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bolero is gorgeous! I wish you fabulous holidays in Italy! I love Italy!
    Happy Summer!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck getting them finished! You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful bolero. did you get it done in time? did you have a good holiday?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top