BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

8/24/13

Greenish green



So what do you think about this color? When I first saw it, I thought it would be too green for me. I prefer yellowish or greyish green shades, never had anything that green. But now I feel proud of this skein. 

Yesterday I had my first try in yarn-dying. My experiences are positive, this is something I'll do again. The all had started, when I was seeking something hand-dyed in local shops. Hah! What a naive expectation! If I want something hand-dyed I must order it and wait patiently for a couple days. But I didn't want to, so I made one.
I used a skein of comercial 100% merino yarn and fabric paint. I found it more practical to use blue yarn as a base and paint it with yellow (and with a few drops of red here and there) to get more exciting variations of green.
I warmly recommend for all hand-dyers to dye in the owen. It is economical, easy to keep the kitchen clean and perfect if you dye with commercial paint. I don't have special tutorial to recommend, just make a google search and read the label of your paint to find the perfect method. 

Well, this owl is not going to have the nest for a long time, because I have plans with this skein. (It is going to be a hat.. sssht!)


6 comments:

  1. I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out great! Love that you dyed it yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great for St Patrick's Day! Green is my fave colour. I have made so many rugs in green, I love the colour. Luckily it is my boyfriend's fave too! I really want to hand dye too, but next up is spinning my own wool on a drop spindle I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. go green!!!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's a really gorgeous green, and especially lovely for your first attempt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top