BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

7/21/13

Leaves

I have completed my first self-designed tee. At first I had the yarn: Catania from SMC. Quite popular yarn, but mostly used for crochet. I was a little bit afraid, that it wouldn't be soft enough to wear, but it is. I chosed a neutral color matching to my skin and hair. After I had bought the yarn, I was thinking about the desing. I wasn't sure about if I had wanted a cardi or a shirt. I hadn't decided it yet when I had started to knit. Started from the top to down. 
By the time I had been ready with the arm-shaping, I had decided, that I would knit a shirt. I had practical reasons: there are lot of cardigans in my closet... I didn't need another one. 
I chosed the simple quite often-used leaves-panel to break the simplicity. I wanted to drop down a stitch on both sides of the panel, but on that way it would be to airy for me. The neckline turned out a little bit low, so I attached a little collar.
I tailored the shirt to my figure and was so happy when it hadn't losed the shape after blocking. 
 It was kinda relaxing meditative knitting. It took about a few weeks to complete. 
For more modelled pictures visit my Ravelry project page.

Ps.: I wore it last Sunday for the first time, my mum's baby dog was jumping around us to play with her. Taking good photos was impossible with such a playful company.

Shared @ Tami's FO Friday and Linda's Creative Friday linky party

4 comments:

  1. Amazing top, Hanni!!! it is a work of art, and it fits you perfectly. Congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Well done!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful, you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty top. Love the leafy panel, and the neutral colour helps it stand out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top