BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

7/24/13

A new WIP

Malabrigo Lace in Azul Profundo in my basket
Knitters are under pressure: buying yarns, starting projects. There are two big facts about knitting: the more you knit, the more you want to knit and the more yarn you stashed, the more you want to stash... 
Since I have finished my first shawl (Holden Shawlette from Mindy Wilkes) I would like to start the next one. This time I am knitting something more challanging: something with short rows, laces, picots and whatever comes.... After spending hours on Ravelry browsing shawl patterns, I needed to admit, that big, romantic, lacy triangle-shaped shawls are not for me. My style is more casual, I am wearing simple shapes, plain colors spicing up with a few chic-girly details. So a halfcircle-shape with less lace would fit more to my everyday outfit. 
I chosed a design from Joji Locatelli who has got an absolute delicate style.  I found in the April Shawl everything I had been searching for: soft laces, eyelets, short rows,and beads. It's difficulty rate is medium, which is great. 

I am on the 33th row now. I need to hurry, would like to complete it until our vacation!

Sharing my WIP:

6 comments:

  1. enjoy knitting your shawl!!!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blue colour! Have fun with knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty , I love the colour. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. "There are two big facts about knitting: the more you knit, the more you want to knit and the more yarn you stashed, the more you want to stash... "

    Such truth! You should see my sewing room! Love the blue. I have started the Haruni shawl in a similar colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good start!! Lovely blue color:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top