BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

1/31/13

January Wreath


Do you like winter? My answer: yes I do. But it is just not that magical for me after New Year’s Eve. Snowing and melting, those beautiful lights are removed, dark days, cold...
I was hesitating a lot what kind of wreath should I make for this month. There are hearts everywhere, blogging world is preparing for Valentine’s, but we don’t celebrate that day, since it doesn’t have tradition in our community.
So I decided to leave some pieces of our Christmas decoration to decorate our home longer. That's why I have the colorful Christmas lights all year in our living room. It is so pretty at any night of the year when we want a bit more cozy feeling :)
Before Christmas I made dozens of snowflakes, some tiny trees and a snowmen couple. The trees are already in the Christmas ornaments' box, but a few smaller snowflakes and a snowmen stayed. I wrapped around the syrofoam wreath with leftover yarns. I chosed those ones, from which I don't want to use for crochet or knitting. 



Linking to these parties:

Mop It Up Mondays @ I Should Mop the Floor More the Merrier Monday @ DIY Home Sweet Home  Craft-O-Maniac Monday @ Craft-O-Maniac  Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative  Make Something Mondays  ♥ Share it Linky Party @ The Winthrop Chronicles   Wow Us Wendesdays @ Savvy Southern Style  Somewhat Simply @ Somewhat Simply ♥ Friday Flair Linky Party @ Whipperberry  I love Fridays Linky Party @ Petals to Picots  ♥  Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest ♥ The Crochet Boulevard  ♥  Link your stuff  ♥  Nifty Thrifty Sundays @ Nifty Thrifty ♥ Think Pink Sundays @ Flamingo Toes ♥  Craft Schooling Sunday @Creative Jewish Mum  ♥ DIY Project Parade @ DIY Showoff

4 comments:

  1. I think your wreath is real january: of course because the snowflakes and the snowman, but also the black yarn for the dark days, the pink and red yarn for the need of love especially in these dark days and the purple/light green/yellow yarn for the little piece of spring that tries to show himself (I think about crocuses and other spring flowers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun wreath! I love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect for winter! Thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top