BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

1/22/13

Crochet Purses - the simple ones



Last year I ordered a few purse frame from one of my favourite online shop. But I was waiting a couple weeks to complete the first purses. Before Christmas I have already showed an Insta picture from my WIP purses. There was two simple designs and a granny one.



I am a bad blogger, I forgot to to take a picture from the finished granny purse I made for my sister-in-law. She was very happy about her gift :) This purse was a little bit bigger, made up to a 5" frame. 

Now I would like to show the other two purses from closer to inspire you.
I used SMC Catania for all of my wallets. I think mercerized cotton yarn is the perfect choice when resistance is important. (I had some bad experience with wool blends in this field.)

The fuchsia (purple) one is also a bit bigger piece than a normal coin purse. The frame has silver color and so shiny. (On the third picture you can see me in the clasp...) 



I don't have personal favourite, but if I would have, it would be this red one. Red is my all time favourite color and I love polka dots too. It is a smaller one, just 8 cm wide and approx. the same tall. The frame is embossed antique brass. 



I lined my purses with cotton fabric for a better look. I really enjoyed crocheting these purses, it was easy after I found the right gauge, maybe sewing to the frame was the most challenging part. 

Wish you happy crocheting!

You can find these purses in my shop

Linking to these parties:

Mop It Up Mondays @ I Should Mop the Floor More the Merrier Monday @ DIY Home Sweet Home  Craft-O-Maniac Monday @ Craft-O-Maniac  Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative  Make Something Mondays ♥ Topsy Turvy Tuesdays @ I am Topsy Turvy ♥ Share it Linky Party @ The Winthrop Chronicles  Hooking on Hump Day @ My Merry Messy Life   Wow Us Wendesdays @ Savvy Southern Style  Somewhat Simply @ Somewhat Simply ♥ Friday Flair Linky Party @ Whipperberry  I love Fridays Linky Party @ Petals to Picots  ♥  Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest ♥ The Crochet Boulevard  ♥  Link your stuff  ♥  Nifty Thrifty Sundays @ Nifty Thrifty ♥ Think Pink Sundays @ Flamingo Toes ♥  Craft Schooling Sunday @Creative Jewish Mum  ♥ DIY Project Parade @ DIY Showoff

18 comments:

  1. They all look very nice! The granny-one is very lovely, the purple one has a very nice colour, but I think my favorit is als the red one, because I love red too and it's beautiful because of the simplicity. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these...especially the red & purple ones. they are gorgeous!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would make great gifts! so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are perfect I love the linings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so sweet! I love that polka dot lining. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute!!!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are just wonderful!:) I too like red color!
    Making these purses have always been on my list but I do not get those frames with holes. Do you know about any online store selling these frames?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful purses! I bet the granny one looked great. I make things, give them away and forget to take photos too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those a really great. I love the red one too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute Hanni!!!! Pinning:) New follow. Follow back http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/sweet-heart-pillow-upcycle.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your crocheted pouches, Hanni!!! My compliments!Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable..Love the beautiful & cute purses.. I want one now!! hehe
    Love ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from Sara's link party. You know I already love these :) Thanks for linking up to Hookin on Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are so pretty! Especially the purple one. Love your blog dear Hanni, and am following along :-)
    hugs
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so cute :D I've tried to make this before but I failed so it's still in the "to-do" box ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top