BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

12/9/12

Snowflakes

I started to crochet some garlands. I have already finished one for my mum, she was very happy about it. {My mum is a very creative lady, she doesn't crochet, she used to knit, but nowadays her main weapon is the glue gun. She makes beautiful decorations for the home.} 

I don't thread crochet, the thinest yarn I use is mercerized cotton and E hook for health reasons: I crochet mostly at nights and I would like to prevent my eyes  from getting worse. After works sometimes my eyes are just too tired to focus on thin objects... 

So I made these pretty snowflakes from Catania and simply blocked them (wet blocking): 


The bigger snowflake:
{It differs from the pattern a bit...}
The smaller one:


The patterns for the bigger and smaller snowflakes see here and hereBoth were super easy to follow! Addiction is guaranteed :) 

I used some of them for decorating my Christmas plate:


I completed a dozen of my simple crochet tree! With a few one we suprised our nieces, they placed their trees to the window. But I keep on making these cuties until I have green leftover yarns :)


Wish you merry Christmas crocheting!

Linking to following parties:
mop it up mondaysThe Girl Creative I'm topsy turvy tuesdays The Crochet BoulevardSomewhat Simple buttonThe Shabby NestA Crafty SoireeIn Designer Jeans

7 comments:

  1. What a good idea to put the snowflakes on a plate like a doily, it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks adorable, Hanni! I can't use the small thread either, which is slightly aggravating. I might have to work on a couple of those trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything so xmassy and beautiful!!!
    xxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. These snowflakes are so cute! I love all your Christmas crochet projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty snowflakes! In the picture where you have pinned those for blocking, they are looking as if you have added beads on the end points:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowflakes are lovely! I also love your plate of amigurumi! I want to make some Christmas trees... hopefully I'll have time before Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. these snowflakes are so beautiful and so delicate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top