BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

12/3/12

Crochet Christmas Tree





Christmas is not just the most wonderful time of year (like they sing), but also the most perfect time to create, use our creative skills or learn a new technic. 
During the weekend I started to decorate for Christmas. I prefer modest and cute than glitzy or flashy. We are having a nice advent wreath, few hanging bells in random places, colorful lights and these two crocheted cuties I just made.

I would like to share the pattern with you. Let's start with the simplier one. I found lot of different inspirations for a tree pattern, but I decided to make my own very simple version. It took just 20 minutes to complete, I am going to crochet a whole forest :)


I used the leftover yarns from the granny pillow project. I think switching these two colors gave a  really nice combination. 

MATERIALS
  • crochet hook 4.5 mm (U.S. 7)
  • light worsted weight yarn 
  • polyester filler

GAUGE
Gauge is not important now, so use any type of yarn with the right hook. I recommend you to use smallest hook to have a tight texture. Eg.: for worsted weight yarn choose instead of K use I or 


ABBREVIATIONS
  • hdc: half double crochet
  • st: stitch
  • { } total number of stitches in the row
PATTERN
  • Work in back loops. 
  • There are no join at the end of rows, we are working in continous rows. (This is not a must, if you are more comfortable with joining at the end of each row, do it.)

The tree

Start with a magic loop.
R1: make 6 half double crochet stitches in your loop. {6}
R2: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next st* {9}
R3: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next 2 st's* {12}
R4: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next 3 st's* {15}
R5: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next 4 st's* {18}
R7: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next 5 st's* {21}
R8: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next 6 st's* {24}
R9: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next 7 st's*  {27}
R10: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next 8 st's* {30}
R11: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next 9 st's* {33}
R12: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next 10 st's* {36}
Fasten off. 

Bottom of the tree

Start with a magic loop.
R1: make 9 half double crochet stitches in your loop. {9}
R2: *make 2 hdc's in ea st around* {18}
R3: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next st* {27}
R4: *make 2 hdc's in first st, 1 hdc in next 2 st's* {36}


Start sewing the parts together, when you are almost done, fill it with the polyester batting and finish sewing. 

For the snowmen check back to my blog next week!



Wish you happy crocheting!


Linking to following parties:
mop it up mondaysThe Girl Creative I'm topsy turvy tuesdays The Crochet BoulevardSomewhat SimplebuttonThe Shabby NestA Crafty SoireeIn Designer Jeans

11 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love how you used two colors on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your tree, I'll pin it on my pinterestboard. Thank you for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. simple and cute!! thank you Hanni!!
    xxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lovely! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that, a real simple pattern, and easily extendible to make a larger tree if you wanted. I might have to try one of these later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely work!!! Love the tree! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial! Happy day!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really cute.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Christmas Tree! I am inviting you to come and share this in my Show Your Stuff blog hop, the party runs from Thursday evening until Tuesday: http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute! I love to crochet too! Would love to have you link this up to my dual party.
    http://www.joyfulhomemaking.com/2012/12/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful, Hanni! I love how the tree is so simple and easy to make. I've got to make a bunch for my mantel. Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top