BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

12/31/12

Best of 2012

There is a crafty year behind me. I was crocheting, knitting and sewing through the past 12 months and I was blogging about my creations.
I have learnt a lot of things. {E.g. I learnt how to k2tog in the right way, because in the past 10 years I made it wrong...} I became more passionate for crocheting, so I started to write my own patterns and shared with my readers. In September my blog had a bug and I was hesitating to stop blogging. But I realized, that I couldn't close this virtual diary of my crafty side. In July I opened an Etsy shop to sell some of my handmade items and started to sell my tested patterns on Ravelry too. 
I think this year was my best year ever! I had lot of happiness with my husband and family, I did my best at work and found a creative community here in blogland. You are precious to me! 

My patterns in 2012

This is a collage, click to the links below to see the projects!

I shared 20 patterns during last year! Here is a roundup:

Hats:
- Juci's hat in two sizes (baby and toddler)
- Newborn Hat
- Bear Hat (for newborns)
- Twisted Beanie
- Little Red Riding Hood Beret
- Slouchy Autumn Beret
- A Hat for my Darling (knitting, for men)

Scarf:
- Ruffles and Rose Scarflette

Accessories:
Braided Fingerless Mittens
- Crochet Ring
- Rose
- Pompom Reticule (knitting)
- Summer Purse
- Crochet Edged Pouch
- Mobile Cozy


Amigurumis:
- Easter Peep
- Christmas Tree
- Snowman

For the home:
- Flower Coasters
- Pumpkin Basket
- T-yarn Box


Most wieved posts


#1 Little Red Riding Hood Beret

Oh, this pattern is great, but there was a few errors I made since it was my very first pattern! I wrote it just two month after the first time I grabbed a crochet hook on my hand. For now I hope it is without mistakes. 

#2 Juci's hat [spell: juːsi]

This is my personal favourite. This is the "Hanni" hat, I got tons of compliments for this beanie. I made a baby version too. It is not an easy tutorial, but once you find out the criss cross stitch can be a great weekend project.
One of my goals in 2013 is to make a video tutorial for this hat. {So keep following my blog, if you are planning to learn this.}

#3 Crochet purse for the summer

I turned a granny square into a bag. Easier than you would think!

#4 Newborn hat

When baby Lili arrived in April, I was in baby fever. Well, I am addicted to Lili and Juci, to my little nieces. 

#5 Braided Fingerless Mitts

I started to offer tests on Ravelry in September, because I would like to write as perfect patterns as possible and see they are crochetable. It was a big suprise for me, that this pattern had more than 2300 pagewievs just in two months!

But I am not just crocheting, I also knitting and sewing. I published just one knitted hat pattern: My Husband's Grey Beanie. It wasn't a favourited one, maybe because I released in march, when winter season was over and everybody was crafting for Easter and for the Spring. If you are looking for something easily knitable for men, get my pattern!

Although I don't feel comfortable with writing sewing tutorials, I shared two. I made travel cases: a cozy for my flat iron and a 'book' for my earrings. The organizer was featured in various sites.





Thank you for joining me this year and wish you a very Happy and Successful 2013!



Mop It Up Mondays @ I Should Mop the Floor More the Merrier Monday @ DIY Home Sweet Home  Craft-O-Maniac Monday @ Craft-O-Maniac  Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative  Make Something Mondays ♥ Topsy Turvy Tuesdays @ I am Topsy Turvy ♥ Share it Linky Party @ The Winthrop Chronicles  Hooking on Hump Day @ My Merry Messy Life   Wow Us Wendesdays @ Savvy Southern Style  Somewhat Simply @ Somewhat Simply ♥ Friday Flair Linky Party @ Whipperberry  I love Fridays Linky Party @ Petals to Picots  ♥  Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest ♥ The Crochet Boulevard  ♥  Link your stuff  ♥  Nifty Thrifty Sundays @ Nifty Thrifty ♥ Think Pink Sundays @ Flamingo Toes ♥  Craft Schooling Sunday @Creative Jewish Mum  ♥ DIY Project Parade @ DIY Showoff

See their buttons on my Linky Party page.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Hanni, thank you very much for the inspiration you brought me and all your lovely reactions. I hope 2013 will be as good or even better than 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects Hanni! Hope you have again a creative year ahead in2013:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a great year! Wishing you all the best in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful projects in 2012. Looking forward to see what you will make in 2013. (Hope to see you in my new blog: Lanas de Ana)
    Happy New Year!!!
    ♥ Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing year of crafting and sharing, so proud of you and happy to have "met" you this past year as well! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, looking forward to another great year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to learn your talents! Thanks for linking up to my link party! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top