BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

8/1/12

WIP before vacation

From almost a week I am on holiday. Of course I am crocheting and knitting while I am at home. On Saturday we travel away, we will spend a week by the Adriatic sea. It is so close to us and popular vacation place, but I have never been to Croatia! 


I am still hestitating, if I take yarn or not.  I know that, if I don't bring anything, I will terribly miss it, but on the other side vacation is vacation: need to quit from my daily routine... I guess, I will decide the question 5 minutes before leaving the house.

I have three little purses in WIP. Two of them is waiting to get the lining, the third one is waiting to finish to crochet. I am planning, that each will be lined a fastened differently. I am really in love with twisted patterns, they are modern and just one of a kind. There is no higher appreciation, when somebody says: 'Oh, I can not believe, you really make this! How did you do?'  I am just twirling my hook and trying to find out how could I twist in a more particular way.

Remember this fluffy night purse? I have knitted her younger sister to my shop!


I am having an other hat in progress too! The color of this yarn is so lovely. Yesterday I was windowshopping in my favourite boutiques and I realized that shabby shades will be trendy in the next season! Than I visited my yarn shop, where I found this skein and I had to try it right away! You know this feeling, when you break your running project, about what you are very excited too, just because you are more excited about a newbie... Well, that's why I don't make big crochet projects. To finish a shawl, a hat or a purse takes just a few hours, but a blanket... (Otherwise I am planning to make a granny afghan, but I am afraid I couldn't finish it...)

I can't wait to visit my favourite WIP parties to see what you are working on!

8 comments:

  1. I love that dusty pink colour you're making the hat with! I went to my yarn shop today and got some new colours to start working on. I also love the crochet patters of your bags. Very unique!

    On holiday, a couple balls of yarn can't hurt... or you could find a yarn shop while you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag and sunglasses. Love the dusty pink too. Pink is my favorite color! I have knitting with me at all times. You never know when you get the urge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bring the yarn with you, you never know....a rainy day could ever happen!!! ;-D
    i like your new purses!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Croatia is wonderful, are you going to Dubruvnik or Split? Or maybe one of the islands?

    I love the pattern on those 3 purses, so unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great vacation!
    No crafting while away?

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a lovely holiday and i vote for taking your needles and wool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your projects all so lovely. Yes, I noticed that too about shabby chic being a trend. You chose the perfect color to make the hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those stitch patterns too! Have a wonderful trip :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top