BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

8/18/12

Guest blogger: Donata

Let me to introduce you a sweet blogger friend of mine, Donata from DK's Craft Café. I am so happy that I can host a guest post from her. We are blogger friends from months, I am always looking forward to her posts and projects, also her shared posts on Facebook. She is my neighbour blogger, we both are from Central Europe. 
As I remember these twine crochet baskets were the first I have seen from Donata and I loved the material and inventiveness. 


 

Her style stands close to me, she has simple and one of a kind designs. This brooch & ring set is my favourite from her collection:



Say a huge welcome to Donata! 


***
Hello, dear Hannicraft readers!

I’m Donata, the person behind the DK’s Craft Café.

I’ve been blogging about my crafts and inspiration for over a year now and I love it. One of the things I love is the opportunity to meet other people whom I have something in common with.
Hanni is one of my great discoveries. A young woman, recently married, having a career and finding time to craft and blog! Do you realise that it wasn’t so long ago when she first learned how to crochet? And she’s already a master of the craft! And I’ll admit – her being from Hungary is not the least important thing to me I’m originally from Yugoslavia, so we were practically neighbours. (So very excited about her first visit to Croatia!)
Hanni kindly invited me to be her guest here and I’m so very flattered she wanted to introduce me to her readers.

I’ve been crafting most of my life and I’ll keep doing that regardless of how busy life can get. I just have to.

You’ll see different crafts on my blog, but there is one thing I’m really into lately: my crochet baskets.

This is how it all started:




This became my most popular post and even now, months later, it is visited daily and repined on Pinterest.

Probably partly encouraged by the attention, I went on and kept making more and more baskets, trying different materials, sizes, colours and embellishments. Here are some more of my babies:










After a while, you could find a basket in every corner of my home. Overwhelming! I knew I had to start selling them and it just so happened that a very nice gallery here in Melbourne was willing to start selling my work. I’m starting on 10 August – please wish me luck!

I hope I inspired you to pursue whatever makes you happy and would love to see what you do.

Hanni, thank you so very much for hosting! Have fun in Croatia!

Love,

DK

***

Thank you so much Donata!

If you liked Donata's baksets, you can learn more about her:

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Hanni for having me and for your kind words!
    The pleasure is all mine :)
    Love xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these baskets Dona, and its so awesome that you are doing so well with them already. I'm enjoying your blog Hanni and I'm following you now xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's party time over at Debt Free Mommy Blog and you're invited! Please come by and link up any post(s) related to making your home a better space. I hope you'll join us for Making Space Mondays. Hope to see you there! -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top