BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

7/18/12

Mid-July WIP


It's been a while since I posted a WIP post. This Wendsday seems perfect to show you what I am working on. Lately I have been too busy with opening of my Etsy shop. Telling the truth there are still two bags waiting to list: the pictures are edited but the descriptions... And I am a little bit in holiday mood: from July 30th till August 13th I will be free from work and from August 4th we will spend our summer holiday in Istria (Croatia). I am so excited. Otherwise I can't belive, that we are in the middle of July! Just one and a half month has been left from the Summer! 

I have just found this book in our home library: we have a nice collection with over 1500+ volume. Mostly about history and arts. I am crazy for yarn shopping, my husband is crazy for books. And I don't mind it at all :) This holds the balance. 
So the book has written by a croatian author, Fredrag Matvejevic. This book is the Hungarian translation of his bestseller Mediterranean Breviary: A Cultural Landscape. An exciting work about cultures and history mixed in a readable novel. Honestly this is the first novel I have ever read from a Croatian author. I was jus hunting for something in the bookshelves, which helps me to get into holiday mood. If you would love to feel yourself as a timetraveller in the Mediterranean region throughout ages and cultures, I highly recommend you this book. 

As a new shop owner I am working on developing my shop: I have a few new bag designs on my head. These miscellanies are ingredients for those projects.
Look at this stunning silver/grey yarn! What a marvelous shade! It is Schachenmayr Catania Nomotta No. 172 Light Grey. A mercerized cotton yarn with high quality. 


I also started to prepare for the colder seasons. Have you already taken a look at my Little Red Riding Hood Beret? (It is a free pattern.) I crocheted again a beret with that variagated yarn! When I finish it, I will show it from closer :)

I am linking this post to these fabulous parties!

Wish you happy summertime! 

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how your projects turn out! I have been thinking about winter projects lately too. It's never too early to start. It will be here before we know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am preparing for the winter projects. Have some ideas sketched out - hopefully I'll have the time to create them. Enjoy your trip to Croatia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the flowers! I've only made them a few times. I'm feeling really inspired to try new patterns and do something more than the granny square!

    A house full of books is always wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful yarns! I am excited for you about your shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are beautiful!!!! I can't wait to see what they look like when they are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're developing some great projects there, Hanni.
    I need to grab that bag before it's gone from Etsy!
    Also, I'm so glad to here you liked Predrag Matvejevic :)
    Have a great time in Istria.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Hanni! You've got some beautiful stuff you're working on. So exciting that you're opening a shop. Thanks for linking up at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday and have a great remainder of the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top