BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

7/14/12

Bloggy love: Susan at Crochet Addicts

I am starting a new series about my bloggy love, where I would love to introduce you my inspirational blogger friends.
My first guest is Susan from Crochet Addicts. Her blog is a truly lovely blog for crocheters. On her linky parties you can share WIP projects, finished objects, newest patterns and current giveaways . On Sundays you can meet there fellow crocheters and DIYers from all over the blog world. This week there is a great scarfish tutorial from Maya
See Susan's amazing hat patterns here. Which one is your favourite? I love the chicken and the Minnie Mouse one!

I would like to say a big thank you to Hanni
for inviting me to be a Guest Blogger!
I’m Susan from
SusanD1408 Crochet Addict
I have a crochet business where I sell crochet patterns & handmade items as well as a blog where I share my ups and downs of life.



I mostly focus on animal themed items.
I love the way each item makes someone smile.
I started to crochet as I suffer from CFS & Peripheral Neuropathy.
I was losing the sensation in my hands and getting pins and needles regularly.
I read on the internet that knitting or crocheting could help.
I have always struggled with knitting so I decided to give crocheting a go.
I went on You Tube and followed a recording of how to make a teddy bear.

This is my first little teddy bear made for my 5 yr old son Little Red.
My son is a big inspiration and a huge critic. I know when I show him my latest project he will tell me exactly what he thinks about it.
After making the teddy bear I dappled a bit until I found my thing.
My son saw a dinosaur hat on the internet and asked if I could make him one.

He wore it to school and showed it off to all his friends.
I then started to get requests from other parents and as they say the rest is history.
He still has lots of requests and helps me with a lot of my ideas.

When I first started to crochet I felt quite isolated, as apart from my mum, I don’t know anyone else that crochets.
I decided to set-up a Facebook group (crochet addict) and start making friends with the same interests.
We now have over 7,500 members and growing all the time.
From people posting in the group I found out about the blogging world and decided to join.
My blog has transformed greatly since I first started and I am always learning new
things that will hopefully keep my readers interested.
On offer I have free patterns:

(This is my free yarn & project bag pattern)


I also offer opportunities for pattern testers

As well as selling my patterns

I am very open to requests and ideas.
If there is an animal\character design you would love to see
Just email me and I’ll see what I can do
Susand1408 at gmail dot com
You can find me at:
I hope you will come over and visit my site.
Thank you ever so much Hanni 
for having me!



Thank you for your post Susan! 

Next week I would like to introduce you Christine from Projects Around the House










Wish you a nice weekend!

4 comments:

  1. i love this! great way to find different blogs and new inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ever so much for having me as a guest poster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan I love your designs. Having tested your cat bib and hat I can say they are fun and easy to follow. All of your designs together make for a great photo opportunity.

    I love your Facebook group too because I can chat with crocheters all across the world - such lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, your designs are such fun! Thanks for sharing.
    Hanni, this is a great idea!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top