BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

7/28/12

Bloggy love: La Valigia di Roanna


This weekend I would love to introduce you Roanna from La Valigia di Roanna. Roanna is an american lady living in the amazing Italy. In her bilingual blog you can read about crocheting, parenting and other things, all is flavored with italian spirit. I felt in love with that spirit, when I read her blog at the first time. 

La Valigia di Roanna

Thank you very much, Hanni, for inviting me to be a guest blogger! My name is Roanna of La Valigia di Roanna (Roanna’s suitcase). My blog has changed greatly from when I started it on a whim in January 2011. It began with my creatively embarrassing adventures in fashion, followed me through my pregnancy and now is simply a little place where I share pieces of my life and family and my crochet and knitting projects, something that I’m giving more and more space to.

Although I’ve been crocheting for many years, I only learned to knit about 3 years ago. I wanted to share “lo scaldone” with you. It's an accordion-shaped shoulder warmer. My mother-in-law invented it and it was my first knitting project. It’s also a one size fits all style (as you can see, I wore it while I was pregnant to compliment my belly) and I love the fact you can combine knitting with crochet.

Depending on the weight of your yarn and size of your knitting needles, all you have to do is cast on about 180 stitches or so and do a straight 2 by 2 rib until you feel it’s long enough to cast off, fold in half and sew or crochet the seems together leaving arm holes. Then you find a favourite (or if you’re like me, you go by trial and error) crochet stitch and add on around the openings to make a decorative collar, back and sleeves. My sleeves billow out quite a bit, but I quite liked the effect paired with the collar.

If you decide to make one of these, I’d love to see it! Happy Crocheting and Knitting everyone!

You can find me at:

RRS Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/Lavaligiadiroanna

Thank you Roanna for this fantastic cardigan! It is such a fantastic first knitting project!
If you would love to learn more avout Roanna, visit her blog and show her some love!
Wish you all a happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hanni,

    Thanks so much for hosting me here! This was such a fun post to write.
    hugs,
    Roanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked Roanna very much :)
    Thanks for connecting us, Hanni.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! This shrug is pretty ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top