BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

6/5/12

Purple tote

In my last project post I was talking about three bags and now I would like to show you the second tote, a purple one also made also for gift. This bag is just the right size for everyday needs, the owner can carry even her favourite book on it. The big bow on the top gives a little romantic touch for the purse.
These photos was taken on the same day when my green tote in my MIL's garden. However I think the green one looked like better in the garden, I didn't have time for better shoots in my usual photo corner.



For this girly tote I choosed purple canvas and a colorful striped fabric for the lining. It wasn't too difficult to sew, although it seems complicated with those pleats but it just had to be careful with the measuring.


I added a magnetic clasp into the purse, what much more easier to sew in than a zips. 



In these days I am working again in bag projects. One of my friends asked me to sew a few bags for her co-workers, she would like to sell them. And actually this was really just in time, because from a while I have been thinking to open a shop on Etsy or elsewhere. I think it is a reasonable process: I am spendig a lot of time with crocheting and sewing and I always giving my finished object as a gift to my relatives or friends. It would be cool to get money for them to support my craft budget.

So more projects coming!

Wish you happy crafting!

10 comments:

  1. Love this bag! The pleats and the bow add a nice touch. You should open an etsy shop! I hope to open one too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again a nice one!
    I think it's very reasonable to sell your handmade items and I think you'll be very succesful. So, give it a shot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the bag!! You should definitely open an Etsy shop! I have been thinking about the same thing. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag and the bow. Purple is fab color, one of my favs. :) I'm new to sewing, but would love to learn how to make a bag with a bow. I haven't learned how to do that yet. :)

    Jess
    http://thedelightfulcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love bows. Great job!
    sewingourlifetogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tote bag!! Stopping over from Whipperberry's linky party.

    Here is what I shared: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/06/kids-roll-up-nap-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bag! Love the bow and pleats--and the lining. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bag! The bow is so cute. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays!
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bow is great! Thanks for the tips about the magnetic clasp. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top