BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

5/6/12

Two fabrics in four ways

In these days I am trying to improve my sewing skills. I am a self-taught sewer and I really enjoy it. I have some magazines, e-books and pinned tutorials on Pinterest, which help me during my work. In this way a big part of my sewing time is spent with fixing the mistakes. Although sewing is not as relaxing as crocheting I like even that it makes me thinking all the time: which sides sew together at first, how to unravel the edges, what type of stitch to use etc. So I find sewing also a brain work!

On the last weekend I have made a bag for myself and during this weekend I have sewed bags for my mum and mum-in-law for Mother's Day gift and for my sister-in-law who has her nameday on Thursday. They liked their gifts! My sister-in-law is the biggest fun of my crafts and she was so happy that I made something especially for her. Although I have used just two colors, I tried to make different for everyone of us fit to our personal needs. 

I choosed two fabrics in neutral colors. The grey fabric is really thick and a strong; maybe this is originally for outdoor pillowcases, covers or for placemats. The orange one is lighter but still enough thick for a bag. And the best thing is that I have found a new fabric store in nearby where everything is at discount price! And they are keeping also exclusive fabrics for extremely good prices. Plus they have lot of textiles from Italy. 
In the next two posts I will describe the bags in detail. They were really easy and fun to make even without a step-by-step pattern!




Wish you a beautiful week!

13 comments:

  1. Great bags! You've done a wonderful job. My favorite is one with the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really nice! I can understand that all the lady's are very happy with it; good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bags look great! I like your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sewing machine is buried under the mending, I have to admit. I really need to do something about that. Love the bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like you are doing a great job to me ! So fun & creative! I wonder if you would consider linking this post up with MY craft linky party -- This post is inspirational and perfect for linking up and showing my followers your design and idea. I follow my new bloggers I find and I use Pinterest also to showcase my favourite designs and ideas. WIN for all. http://www.snapdragonshots.com/2012/05/sunday-school-linky-party.html
    jennie. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bags look great! thanks so much for the inspiration and for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bags look great! thanks so much for the inspiration and for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I totally love these!! I would love it if you linked this project up at Well Crafted Wednesdays! You can find it here:

    http://thewellcraftedhome.blogspot.com/2012/05/well-crafted-wednesdays-link-party-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done,
    Great work!!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great! Found you on the well crafted home party.

    Amber
    recipeswelove.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you have taught yourself to sew and you are able to make such beautiful bags. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bags. I love the ribbon on the one. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like each one of them..really designed so pretty and individual.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top