BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

5/10/12

The Mummy Totes

In my latest post I shared two pictures from my bag 'collection'. Okay, calling these four bags to a collection is maybe an overstatement, but let me to be proud of my work :)  

The larger two totes have been made for my mum and for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. These totes are perfect for everyday use: for shopping, leisure time and also for the job, when they are dressed casual or semi-formal.
Originally I wanted to use a colorful fabric, but there was nothing in the store what I really liked, that's why I choosed these neutral grey and orange textiles. The construction is really simple: just sew along the sides and fix the handles. 

To the grey bag I sewed the handles on two points and wove a scarf through. I love the versatility of this bag: the grey color is basically neutral and sophisticated enough but with a colorful scarf can match to any outfit.


The orange/grey bag was basically sewed on the same way. But this tote is fancier and the assymetric handles give a cool youthful touch into it. My mum is really dinamic and she like simple but unique things, so I wanted to gave her a customized piece.
This time I unraveled the fabric in an other way: I covered the seams with the interfacing. It seemed me simplier than making it with serger.

I haven't made a tutorial for these bags, not just because I don't feel myself good enough in explaining things but it is more because there are several excellent patterns for simple totes on the web.

I am feeling a little bit over-inspired now, I have so many plans for making more and more bags! But firstly I would like to show you closer the other two bags and I also have a crocheted purse waiting for posting sometime. But this weekend won't be that crafty as we are spendig it with a short trip. Our friends are marrying this weekend... Yaaay! :)

Wish you all a beautiful weekend!


8 comments:

  1. I love this! - anything diy to change up a look I'm all about!! :) Would love for you to join in on my linky party at stringtownhome.blogspot.com! So glad I found you - I'm following, now!

    hugs-
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! Especially the colours! Might be doing my own collection soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bags! I need some like it. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesday.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the colors you used...darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they're all so pretty! thanks for sharing, Hanni.

    have a fab weekend!

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    to-sew-with-love.com
    tocookwithlove.com
    villaportillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bags!! You do such beautiful work. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! I love the one with the scarf! Thanks for linking up! Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top