On Saturday I posted about my gifts for baby Lili. There was two hats in my package. The other beanie is more in baby size, this one fits to her better. It is incredible, how small is a newborn's head! My niece is a small baby, she is just 6.6 lbs and 19.3" long. I put on the beanie into this little rabbit, so you can imagine her sizes :)
I was inspired by Christine who shared a pattern for a similar beanie with worsted weight yarn. Her beanie is so adorable! I used the same pattern for the lovely flower on the side.
1/2 skein Red Heart Baby and some scraps for the flower
3,5 mm crochet hook (E)
ch = chain
dc= double crochet stitch
dc2tog= double crochet two stitches together
hdc= half double crochet stitch
Ch 4 and join into a ring.
1. row: Ch3 (works as the first dc), make 10 dc into the ring. (10 st)
2. row: Ch 3 (count as the first dc) dc 2 into each stitch. (20 st)
3. row: Ch 3 * 1 dc , dc 2 *. (30 st)
4. row: Ch 3 * 2 dc, dc 2*. (40 st)
5. row: Ch 3 * 3 dc, dc 2*. (50 st)
6. row: Ch 3 * 4 dc, dc 2*. (60 st)
7-9. row: Ch 3 and dc around.
10. row: Ch 3 *4 dc, dc2tog*. (50 st)
11. row: Ch 2 and hdc around. (total 50 st)