BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

2/12/12

Ruffles & rose scarflette


I am addicted to accessories: earrings, necklaces, hats, scarves, gloves, BAGs etc... Women can never have enough accessories. Am I right or am I right?
The other day I wrote about a new white&lilac cowl. Well, it is actually a scarflette and my favourite neckwarmer. Here it is:





Usually I don't wear purple, because I always thought, that it turned my skin too "pale". This ruffle yarn is leftover from the scarf I have knitted for my mother-in-law for Christmas. I love its colour and doesn't turn me white.
The white yarn is a very soft bulky yarn. It was originally bought for a cowl.


Let's see the pattern. This will be easy-peasy :)


Materials

  • 1 ball of bulky white yarn ( e.g.: Schachenmayr Silenzio)
  • 1/3 ball of ruffle yarn (e.g.: Steinbach Wolle Swing)
  • crochet hook size 6-8 (recommended was 8, but I didn't have that size and my craft store was currently run out, so I used a smaller hook. It worked.)
  • knitting needle size 6
  • button (This is optional. I used a button on the rose to fasten the scarflette.)
  • thread 
Gauge

I skipped this step :)

Notice


I always find risky to use white yarn with some dark colour. So I gave them a try. I knotted two little pieces of the yarns together and washed it. They saved their colours, so that's why I like german quality (plus these brands have quite a modest price).




Abbreviations

st = stitch
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
* * = repeat
shell= 3 dc 1 ch. Worked into the space between two 3 dc shell groups. 

Pattern

chain 21
1. row: ch 3 (count as 1 dc) and turn, 2 dc to the same stitch, 1 ch, * skip 2, 3 dc to the next st, 1 ch * this row ends with 3dc on the last st (= 7 shells)
2. row: ch 3 and turn * skip 2, 3 dc to the next st, 1 ch *  end this row with 1 dc to the last st (= 6 shells + 1 dc and 3 ch on the edges)
3. row = 1. row
4. row = 2. row

Repeat 1-2 rows for 6 times.



The ruffle edges:

Start with 18 stitches.

With simple knitting knit 8 rows. Ruffle yarn has its own way of knitting, on Youtube you can find more useful video tutorials.

Sew on the ruffle edges.

The rose:

I have already shared the pattern here. (See at the end of the post.)


Shared in:
Todays Creative BlogHome Stories A2ZTip Junkie handmade projectsSomewhat SimpleSeven AliveA Crafty Soiree button buttonFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialPhotobucket  The DIY Show OffPhotobucket  

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love that ruffle yarn I have never seen before.

    Christine @ Projectsaroundthehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Consider sharing with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/02/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-11.html !

    Happy Valentine's Day,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm your newest linky follower. Stop by www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com and check me out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I really wish I could make one myself! I would love for you to share it at my new link party!

    http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real-friday-link-party-1.html

    Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Hanni love your crochet projects.. The ruffles look amazing, love the color too..I remember once my mom taught me to crochet and it was so much fun now I wish I would have been serious then.. :)
    Thanks for linking up at Friday fun party..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing the pattern. And thanks for linking up to Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. So pretty. I am going to feature it tonight on Blissful and Domestic

    Thanks so much for linking up and sharing on Blissful & Domestic.

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so beautiful and cozy! I love the rose and the purple ruffle touches. I'll be featuring you wednesday night. Thanks so much for sharing at the Kiss Me I'm Irish party over at I Gotta Create! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for linking up to my first link party last Friday! Party #2 is live, and I would love for you to come link up something new!

    http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real-friday-link-party-2.html

    Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the way you matched the two yarns.
    I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow mine too! :)
    Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top