BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

1/16/12

A pencil holder for the messy crafter



I love its details
I have an old (pencil) holder. This is an antique piece. Originally it was a cigar holder with ashtray. I don't know, where does it come from. Has some colonial spirit, right? I got it from my hubby. He collect antiques and bought it in a fair. I love this holder, I love its a little bit mysterious feel. I mean how did it get to Europe to my hometown??? It is a secret for me... :)









And now let me to introduce you my most useful craft tool on my desk. I have an other pencil holder, a DIY one. This is also a pincushion, a 2 in 1 stuff. It is so perfect for a messy crafter, like I am. I really try to be well organized, but I am not that type... So this reused jar is so perfect for me. 


Primarily I wanted to make a pincushion when I crafted this holder. It is a really easy project, you just need a jar, a sock, thread (if you want), glue,  scissors and 5 minutes.




Purl it back and fix a little glue, if you find it necessary.

Stitch or just glue it together.


What kind of useful tool/properties are your favourites in your craft place? Do you have lot of self-made stuff around you in your craft room?

Happy crafting!




Shared in:

Todays Creative BlogHome Stories A2ZTip Junkie handmade projectsbuttonSomewhat SimpleSeven Alive button The DIY Show Off

8 comments:

  1. What a clever idea to use a sock and jar as both a holder and pin cushion. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is just too cute! what a great idea!

    Would love you to share this at my linky party, Inspire Me Fridays!
    I think others would enjoy seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, UPcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! I am a messy crafter too. I LOVE the 2 in 1 feature. Thanks for linking to Link It Up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great repurpose idea.. I can dig out some baby socks of my son for something cute like this..
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute way to beautify your space - if I only had some adorable socks to cut up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. This is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! We'll have to try this!

    /Pysselbolaget

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top