BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

1/9/12

The Book of the Earrings



I have finally made my earringholder. As I wrote in my Saturday post this project was an obligation for me, I oved to my earrings. Before they were stored in small jars, pockets, or were lost in my purses, somewhere next to the mirror, or beetween my makeup stuffs. Thanks to this unorganized life lot of them loosed their pairs… My poor earrings really deserved a better place.
As well as in our bathroom I don’t have a good place to have a hanging holder, I sewed this bookshaped case, which seems to be practical also when we travel.







Materials
  •         fabrics. I used flice for the inner sides and leftover polka dotted fabric for the cover.
  •         wadding
  •         cardboard
  •    safety pins
  •    tulel or cross stitch fabric
  •         pencil, threed, needle, tape measure (if you feel safer with it), sewing machine, scissors, glue gun and other tools





Tutorial

I don't write a step-to-step tutorial, I am not good in explaining things. I show some steps of the work. I think, you can sew it. It is easy. 

I used a notebook as a measure.
From the wadding cut 3 notebook-sized piece. These will be the covers and the page of your book.

From the cardboard cut 2 piece in notebook size. This will harden the page. 

Note: If you want, you can harden also the covers. I found it unnecessary, because the wadding I used was enough stiff.




From the flice cut 4 piece, which are approx. 2 inches wider than the notebook (or your wadding).












From the cover fabric cut a two times wider big piece. 




Sewing the book sheet

To make your work easier glue the wadding to the cardboards. 
Sew two pieces of flice together on tree sides. 
Turn out and stuff it with the cardboard hardened wadding.





Now place the sheet between the left two flice rectangles. Sew the four piece together on the fourth side.  


Note: It can be too thick for the sewing machine (like my one was). I sewed the pages separately together with the rectangles. Then I cut the leftover edges of this side of book page and sewed the covers the rectangles together.


I forgot to take a photo of this step, sorry about that. But in this photo you can see the doubled sewing lines, what I made in this way.




Sewing the book cover

Place your page by the two cover pieces side by side to the cover fabric. Fold down a ½ inch of the fabric to the flice. Pin together. 
Sew along the sides.









And voilá: 




Making the earrings hangers

I used safety pins and cross stitch fabric for the earring hangers. Fold back a piece of fabric through the safety pin. You can fix it with a few stitches or not, because the earrings will fix.




Or just use the safety pin alone:


Also a brooch can be useful :)


Or just be creative and find out something new :)




Do you have any other idea how to pin your earrings into it? How do you organize your jewelleries?

I hope you liked my project. 

Don't be shy. Please, feel free to comment it :)

Shared in:

Todays Creative Blog  Home Stories A2Z  Sew Woodsy A Crafty Soireebutton The Shabby Nest Photobucket Craft Junkie Too FriendSeven Alive The Girl Creative The DIY Show Off

9 comments:

  1. This is a great idea and perfect for traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like your project - my daughter could use one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the earring holder.. It's great for traveling.. I found you through sew can do comments.. Your name was the reason I had to check out.. :)
    Come over and link up your ideas at Friday Fun Party..
    I am your newest follower..
    Love
    Hani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hanni. Thank you so much for the visit and sweet comment on my blog! You have a great blog home here. You have some great projects. I would love it if you would be willing to link up to our party going on now. Thanks

    http://kadie-sevenalive.blogspot.com/2012/01/link-it-up-thursday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent tutorial and wonderful earing holder. Thank you for sharing. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! I featured this on my twitter page :) https://twitter.com/#!/MyGirlishWhims/status/159343643302440960

    Stop by tonight's link party and grab a featured button!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I feel so honoured :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing with Blog Stalking Thursday! You have been FEATURED! Don't forget to stop by and grab a featured button!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top