BLOG // ABOUT // CROCHET // KNITTING // BABY / KIDS

12/27/11

Evening purse




I am still knitting. I have one finished project and currently I am working on an another one. That will be the last one in this season. I am feeling my eyes too tired for knitting and I would like to prepaire for the spring with some sewing.

A few month ago I found this eyelash yarn and was so excited, so I bought four balls, although didn't really know what to do with it.  My first project was a mobile case to test the yarn. This yarn is so easy to work with. Unfortunately these sparkling balls aren't soft enough to knit a scarf or something wearable but effect yarns are so pretty for purses and bags.
I am in love with purses. In this year I have already knitted a bag with pompon yarn. So this one was my second project in purse making.


This is my design. No other designs, not even an inspirational one, this is just what I found out to do with this yarn. Of course it is very simple, so beginners can do it. Actually it is perfect for beginner knitters, there is nothing to ruin: you just must knit simple stitches.

Material:


  • 1 and a 1/4 ball of eyelash yarn: I used some german yarn: Effektgarn Lucy. Colour: 51 Its length:  45 cm (49 yd)/ 50 gr / ball. Other brands have longer eyelash yarn balls. E.g. Red Heart Las Vegas is twice longer (90 cm) and very soft.
  • knitting needle size 6 
  • black silk: 30 cm (cca. 12 inches)
  • zips: 18 cm (cca. 7 inches) 
  • metal rings: 2 (I used key chains)
  • chain: cca 1 m (cca. 39 inches)
  • silk ribbon: 10 cm (cca. 4 inches)


Instructions:

Start with 50 stitches and join to together at the end. Knitted in the round with simple knit stitches.

Work until it measures 15 cm (6 inches).
Sew the inside of the purse. Cut two 20cm x 23 cm (8 inches x 9 inches) pieces from the silk fabric. Sew the zips in to it and sew the sides together.




I sewed the lining into the knitted bag with sewing machine. It is a little bit thick, but a normal machine can do that.
To fix the chains to the bag I used small key chain rings and silk ribbons. I sewed the rings with a small piece of ribbon to the sides of the purse.


It is a really simple pattern. Happy knitting!

Linked to:
Tip Junkie handmade projects Craft Junkie Too Friend The Shabby Nest The DIY Show Off The Girl Creative A Crafty Soiree

3 comments:

  1. so cute and fluffy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, you're the post before me on the Crafty Soiree Link-up Party over at Yesterday on Tuesday and I just wanted to say hi and comment on your gorgeous purse. It's lovely. I wish I could knit...
    Greetings from Germany
    Catrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun & sparkly! You're very talented!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Comments are the salt and pepper for bloggers :)

I would like to visit back on your blog, so be sure that your blog adress is visible on your profile or just leave it in the comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top